220 word discussion plus replies1
Uncertainty, Our Shared Power World, and Hurricane Katrina
· Holmes, Jaime, Nonsense: The Power of Not Knowing :
· Chapter 3: Shocks and Tremors: The Problem with Urgency
· Chapter 4: Fifty Days in Texas: Why Intentions are Misread
· Chapter 8: The Puzzle Man: Where to Find Hidden Answers
· Crosby, Barbara C. 2010.
“Leading in the Shared-Power World of 2020.” Public Administration Review, December 2010 Special Issue
· Kettl, Donald F. 2009. The Next Government of the United States: Why Our Institutions Fail Us and How to Fix Them
Chapter 3: Irresponsible Government
220 words detailed and covering all aspects of the question
1. Holmes asserts that “[u]rgently fixating on certainty is our defense mechanism against the unknown and unstable” (p78), and that “[r]estraint in the face of uncertainty is a hugely important variable in learning” (p109). Holmes further observes that “crises require systematically imagining a variety of explanations and outcomes” (p109). How could FEMA have used these practices in providing temporary housing to the displaced residents of New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina?
2. Crosby is interested in complex problems that cross organizational boundaries. Hurricane Katrina fits this description. Crosby discusses integrative practices that leaders use to inspire and mobilize others to pursue common action on a complex problem. Choose one of these integrative practices and discuss how it would have aided FEMA in its recovery efforts after Hurricane Katrina.
RESPONSES WOULD BE SENT LATER ON IN THE WEEK
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.