Please make a reply to this student post adding something extra of what the student already did. APA references and less than 20 % similarity.
Evidence based practice and best practice are related to each other but not the same. Best practice is not a specific practice but refer to a level of agreement towards research based knowledge and the integration process of embedding it in an organization and healthcare delivery. When best practice in nursing is built based on evidence from research, and integrated into practice, then it follows evidence based research (Houston, 2020). Evidence based practice is the explicit, judicious and conscientious use of best evidence from research in patient care.
Randomized controlled trials are effective in measuring the effectiveness of a new intervention by using many studies to reduce bias hence provide a quality tool to understand cause-effect relationships between interventions and outcomes. While Integrative reviews are valuable in organizing literature, their level of clarity and rigor is highly dependent on primary research. Findings of meta-analysis are generalized to situations similar to primary studies included hence can only be considered of high efficacy if only randomized controlled trials were used.
Two mechanisms could be used in supporting EBP including seeking the opinions of clinical expert and personal experience. Clinical experts in nursing have gathered a lot of knowledge through observation which enable them make relevant decisions (Houston, 2020). Also, studies and reports by committees are used to support evidence. Personal experience are the daily observations by a nurse during care.
The greatest challenge towards the implementation of EBP is lack of knowledge and skills for application. Lack of knowledge on carrying out search and appraising best practices is a major challenge. Another significant challenge to EBP is negative attitudes and misconceptions on research and the practice. Overload of nursing work that leave them no time for research and application is another challenge. Fourth, constraints within an organization such as lack of support and resources for research also hinder EBP (Mathieson, Grande & Luker, 2019). An organizational culture that does not encourage innovation is does not allow for EBP.
Houston, C. (2020). Professional issues in nursing: Challenges and opportunities. Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer. ISBN-13: 978-1-4963-9818-5
Mathieson, A., Grande, G., & Luker, K. (2019). Strategies, facilitators and barriers to implementation of evidence-based practice in community nursing: a systematic mixed-studies review and qualitative synthesis. Primary health care research & development, 20.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.