Week 3, you conducted research into your academic program to learn more about what skills you would get from your courses, and how you might leverage what you learned to secure an internship or job in your field of interest. Last week you explored education and training requirements, job tasks, and other information about your career of interest. Now you will conduct research to find the current career trends in your desired industry and provide a brief summary of your findings. This assignment will be in the form of a professional email to your department head, Ms. Smith.
Imagine you recently began working in a department that supports your company’s strategic planning for growth in the industry. Your company has been struggling recently because new competitors have entered the market. Your department head, Ms. Smith, has asked you to conduct research to inform future marketing directions for the company.
She has asked you to write a detailed email that identifies the three top marketing trends in the industry to share with the marketing team. If she likes your work on this initial research, she will ask you to write a position paper on the most important issue related to these trends. She is hoping to use your research to prepare your department to launch a new strategic plan.
This is your first real task for your new job. You think you have a sense of the industry but know you need to do more research to be accurate in your analysis. The ability to spot trends in your industry is an important skill, and your boss wants to spend energy and capital on new growth areas, products, and services.
To begin your research, access your CareerQuest account and review the available resources. Use Vault or any other online resource to conduct additional industry research.
Your assignment is to produce a well-researched email in which you identify three trends in your industry and discuss each one briefly.
Compose a professional email (about 300 words) providing a response to the prompt above. You may use this template to format your email.
Use the career planning resources in CareerQuest and additional industry websites to research information to include in your response.
Demonstrate communication skills by effectively presenting the information in your response.Email on Trends in My Industry
From: Your name
To: Ms. Smith
Subject: Current trends in our industry
Hello, Ms. Smith. You asked me to conduct research on the current (and emerging) trends in our industry. I have completed that work and can report that our __________ industry is changing in some important ways, namely (point 1), (point 2), and (point 3).
Here are details on the top three trends of note. (Detail them concisely and explain why they matter to your industry. How might these trends impact your organization? Do these trends point to the future direction of your industry? These are all important considerations for your department head.)
To conclude, the most important point to consider is (describe your bottom line and takeaway for Ms. Smith in this final paragraph).
I have included my references below and if I can answer any questions, I will be happy to do so.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.