Answer the questions at the end of the case study.1.=;o Strutegic i1lu11ugeme11I
After 5 )’e,1rs ;15 CFO at Rod,·-y l Iii,; ‘:11ey Hospit.1, Johnson feel� she is
prcp;ired to excel in her new c.ulership role ;1s CEO of EU l. l lm,e’er,
after inten·iewing the interim CEO, Jenny . bFicw, meeting with bo:ml
1m:111hcrs, and enjoying brief cmwer�ations \ ith hospital physid.ins,
nurse�, and st:1ff,John-;on i-; not quite sure how hc,;t to turn the tides in the
right direction at ELH. ‘h:it about the hospit.1l’s hceding fin:1ncias and
challenging payer mix-what can she do to :1ddress these issues? Should
she cut hack on the wellness center budget? Should she shut down the
,,elncss center so that this space can be used for more profitable services?
If either of these options were pursued, how would the community react
:1fter im·esting so much money ;md energy into the new facility? Vhat c:1n
she do to better recruit and retain physicians? All of these questions swirl
through Johnson’s mind ;ts she runs on a treadmill inside the Edgewood
Lake \’ellness Center after her first official day on the job as CEO. ‘hen
questioned about physician rccriltfinent e;1rier in the day during a senior
m:magement team “huddle,” Johnson said that she tackled these chal-
lenges in her prc,·ious position:
Luckily, .it Rocky Hills ‘:11cy Hospital, I m:111:1ged :111ll lcll our hospital’s
efforts to recruit physki:ms in gener,11 surgery, :1s \ di as in primary c:1re.
It t:1kes a special type of doctor to ,,ork in :i sndl, rur,,1 selling; hut, with
�ome ye:irs under m� belt, I feel confident th:lt l can hdp impro,·c the
recruitment situ:1tion here ·.1t Edgewood Like Hnspit,,I. But, I du recog
nize th.it Edgewood County is a new region for me, so l am acth·dy
reflecting, talking to people, :1ml searching for cffcctil’e w:l)’S to huilll a
more sust:1i11.1hlc physici:m srnff at our facility.
Clc.nly, challenges lie ahe:1d for her. l)ra\ ing on her hands-on experi
cnccs,Johnson ha-; m:ulc concerted effort!> lo tr:insition effective\’ into her
CEO role through colbhoratiun, openness, transp:1rcncy, and �reativity.
She w.mts to fim new solutions to old prohlcms. She ;1-;o \:HHS to under-
stand what Fuchs, her predecessor, did,, rong.
Thus, the c;tllcrship challenge is clear: Vh,1t should Johnson do’1
How should she prioriti1.c her :iction items? Vh:1t crcati,·c solutions could
she implement to turn ELI-l around th.it prc,·ious executi’eS had not tried?
How docs Johnson not “rock the boat” too much :ind :1chicve balance
between instiruting: change and respectin� existing rchnionships and cu!,
rural dyn;1mics in the org-:miz:1tion� Operating under diflicult econornt�
rime�, Johnson ce.-m;nk faces ,1uhc ” lc,ulc,sh;p ws<; how««, "1th ,J,• ,; gh t
on her entire org:iniz�1tinn ;md in the comrnunily d1:1l lhe hospital ser.’�:
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.