Imagine that a client sits in front of you at the start of an intake session. What kinds of questions will you ask? How will you retrieve the necessary information while also building rapport?
Clients come into the helping process with varied attitudes and personality traits. Additionally, clients come from various socioeconomic backgrounds, genders, religions, cultures, professions, physical abilities, ages, and sexual orientations. Despite the numerous variables that affect interviews, certain factors are common to all effective interviews.
In this Discussion, you explore the process involved in effective interviewing, as well as the unique qualities that you bring to a client interview.
To prepare, watch the Southside Community Services video that depicts different interview scenarios.
Identify two examples of each of the following basic interviewing skills used in the session and describe the differences in the responses of the client: Please use book attached pages as a resource
Cummins, L., K., & Sevel, J., A. (2017). Social work skills for beginning direct practice: Text, workbook, and interactive web based case studies (4th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education.
Chapter 5, “Basic Skills for Direct Practice” (pp. 94-114)
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.